Good Morning Everyone!
I hope you are enjoying your weekend! I am--which is one reason why I am spending less time on my computer and more time with my family! So this will be a combination post covering both Psalm 48 and Psalm 49--the two chapters that are on the schedule to read for this weekend.
The interesting thing I thought is how well these two Psalms go together. From Psalm 48 I choose to write down verse 14:
"For this is God, Our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even to death." Psalm 48:14
God will be my guide, even to the very end of my life. There does not come a time when He gives up on me or is all done with me! Which reminded me of these promises:
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6
". . . even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save." Isaiah 46:4
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that last promise--Isaiah 46:4--probably because I am of an age when gray hairs are becoming more and more plentiful! ;)
From Psalm 49 I choose verse 15:
"But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, For He shall receive me. Psalm 49:15
Left behind. Forgotten in the grave. Not with God around!!! We may temporarily be sleeping in the grave--but we will not be left there!
"For the LORD himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first." 1 Thessalonians 4:16
Have a beautiful day today--and spend some time remembering your Savior. Because He is ALWAYS remembering you!
~Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment