Monday, September 26, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 57

Good Morning Everyone!

Psalm 57 is our chapter for today. :)  I choose and wrote down verse 8:

"Awake, my glory! Awake, lute and harp!  I will awaken the dawn." Psalm 57:8

Imagine with me for a moment--David, sitting on a rock outside of a cave in the mountains of Judah.  Fleeing from King Saul, who is trying to kill him.  The rays of the morning sun are barely breaking over the nearby mountains, and his first thoughts turn to his God who has anointed him the next king of Israel.  He picks up his lute and plays a morning tune.  He prays for his God to deliver him from all of his enemies.  He prays for direction of what to do now.  Hiding out in the cave of Adullam is not what he expected to happen when Samuel anointed him the next king!

My study Bible has this note in it, which is so very beautiful.  It is what David was doing.  It is what I want to do. . .

"Consecrate yourself to God in the morning; make this your very first work.  Let your prayer be, 'Take me, O Lord, as wholly Thine.  I lay all my plans at Thy feet.  Use me today in Thy service.  Abide with me, and let all my work be wrought n Thee.'  This is a daily matter.  Each morning consecrate yourself to God for that day."
Steps to Christ, by E. G. White, p. 70

And so today's verse reminds me of the most important work to be done today.  The work of pausing and waiting before Him.

~Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors