Good Morning!
Do you ever get discouraged in life? I know I do! And sometimes you need to give yourself a little "pep talk." This is what today's verse reminded me of! I am reading in Psalm 43, and I choose verse 5 to record in my Bible notebook:
Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God. Psalm 43:5
Doesn't that sound like David was trying to remind himself of what he KNEW to be true in his mind, at a time that his spirits were low. This made me think about discouragement in general, so I went on a little search on that as a topic. I came across this passage, which I thought was very encouraging and I wanted to share it with you here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some look always at the objectionable and discouraging features, and therefore discouragement overtakes them. They forget that the heavenly universe is waiting to make them agencies of blessing to the world; and that the Lord Jesus is a never-failing storehouse from which human beings may draw strength and courage. There is no need for despondency ad apprehension. the time will never come when the shadow of Satan will not be cast athwart our pathway. Thus the enemy seeks to hide the light shining fro the Sun of Righteousness. But our faith should pierce this shadow.
The Faith I Live By, by E. G. White, p. 156
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Isn't that good? I was also reminded of Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your od is with you wherever you go."
So there you have it. Encouragement from Psalm 43! We have no reason to be discouraged--we have hope in Him, and He never fails!
How do YOU help encourage yourself when you are down? Please share! I love to learn new ideas!
~Susan

No comments:
Post a Comment