Wednesday, September 21, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 52


Good Morning Everyone!

Waiting.  We are back to another waiting verse.  Today, I choose verse 9 from Psalm 52 to record in my Bible notebook:

" I will praise You forever, Because You have done it; And in the presence of Your saints, I will wait on Your name, for it is good."  Psalm 52:9

What are YOU waiting for today?  On this day--at the very moment that I am writing on, a sweet nine-year-old boy named Bryson from our church has just started his third heart surgery.  This is in addition to the brain surgery and other things he has already had done.  The doctors are only 15 minutes into a surgery that is slated to take at least six hours.  And so his family waits.  And his church family waits.  And while we wait--we pray.

The Bible has a lot to say about waiting.  I looked up, and there are scads of verses talking about waiting!  Below are just a few:

"And Moses said to them, 'Wait, that I may hear what the Lord will command concerning you.'" Numbers 9:8

"Wait for the Lord and keep his way, and he will exalt you to inherit the land; you will look on when the wicked are cut off."  Psalm 37:34

"But for you, O Lord, do I wait; it is you, O Lord my God, who will answer."  Psalm 38:15

"It will be said on that day, "Behold, this is our God; we have saited for him, that he might save us. . . ''' Isaiah 25.9

"But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me."  Micah 7:7

What are you waiting for today?  Whatever it is--give it to Him.  Whatever it is, it is safe in His hands.  And today--I continue to pray for Bryson.

~Susan

2 comments:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

My favorite ve rse on waiting, and hopefully it is a blessing to you and all those who are waiting for this boy and his surgery to be over is: "Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart:; Wait, I say, on the LORD!" Psalm 27:14 🙏

Friend said...

What a perfect verse, Lisa! Especially since it mentions the heart!

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors