Friday, September 9, 2016
150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 40
Good Morning!
Have you ever planned a special surprise for someone? Perhaps it was a surprise birthday or retirement party, or a hand made Christmas gift that you knew would be just perfect. I am going to guess that if you were planning a party or making a gift, there was a lot of work involved in the process. But if it was for someone you love--well, then all the work was worth it. And often, you are so delighted imagining what your loved one is going to say that it doesn't seem like all THAT much work after all!
This is what today's verse reminds me of--we are reading in Psalm 40 today. And a little way into it, I found one of my favorite verses--I just hadn't realized that Psalm 40 was where it came from! There is a beautiful song which is written using this verse, which I have enjoyed singing at camp and other functions. It goes like this:
"I delight to do Your will, O my God, and Your law is within my heart." Psalm 40:8
My study Bible had this note in it for this verse:
"When Satan rebelled against the law of Jehovah, the thought that there was a law came to the angels almost as an awakening to something unthought of. In their ministry the angels are not as servants, but as sons. There is perfect unity between them and their Creator. Obedience is to them no drudgery. Love for God makes their service a joy. So in every soul wherein Christ, the hope of glory, dwells, His words are re-echoed."
Thoughts from the Mount of Blessing by E. G. White p. 109
THAT is what I want in my life! I want God's will to be my delight. I want His law within my heart. I want service to Him to be my joy--not drudgery.
Because He is my only hope.
Because He is the only One who will never leave me.
Because He is the only source of life.
Think about who you love the very very most. Your child perhaps--or spouse--or parent. Someone you would maybe even give your life to save, should the need arise. Well--He did. The need arose, and He didn't even hesitate. He didn't even have to think long about it. He loves you THAT much!
Have a beautiful day with your Savior!
~Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment