Thursday, September 15, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 46

Good Morning!

How many things are on your "To Do" list today?  If you are anything like me, it is many things indeed!  And that is not even counting all the other things that you need to do, but which never even made it onto the list!  They are still running around in your brain, as you know you need to do them and do not want to forget something important!  And yet--

God tells us to be still.

Did you catch that in today's reading?  In reading through Psalm 46 this morning, God told me to be still.  It is right there in verse 10:

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."  Psalm 46:10

You see--God misses me when I rush throughout my day.  When I hit the floor running, when  do not take time to talk with Him.

There was a really good study note in my Bible today.  It reads as follows:

"In all who are under the training of God is to be revealed a life that is not in harmony with the world, its customs, or its practices; and everyone needs to have a personal experience in obtaining a knowledge of the will of God.  We must individually hear Him speaking to the heart.  When every other voice is hushed, and in quietness we wait before Him, the silence of the soul makes more distinct the voice of God."
The Desire of Ages, E. G. White, p. 363

Are we waiting before Him?  If not, we are missing out on something way more important than our "To Do" list!

Spend some time waiting today.  It is the most important thing you can do.

~Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors