Good Morning Everyone!
Today we are on Psalm 53. I wasn't very far into reading this chapter when I knew I had found my verse for recording!
"God looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any who understand, who seek God." Psalm 53:2
Who seek God! THAT really is what grabbed my attention! If others looked at you--if GOD looked at you--would they find you seeking God? And what would be the outward signs if we truly ARE seeking God in our day to day life? Does it mean we start our day with prayer? Does it mean more than that?
I looked up in a MacMillan dictionary to see what their definition of "seek" was, and this is what it said: to try to find something or someone that you need in your life.
I like that! That definition definitely fits this Psalm 53 verse 2, because the something or someONE that we need in our lives is our Creator!
Synonyms for "seek" include go through, look out for, seek out, search out, look for, hunt down, search, pick through, probe, scavenge.
If I am seeking for something, I do not do that by simply sitting down and waiting for it to come to me--although God DOES come to us, as He is always waiting for us to invite Him into our lives! No, if I am seeking something I am actively looking for it. I am looking where I think I remember putting it. I am researching on the internet. I am asking other people that I think might know where it is. I am also praying about where my lost item is. Am I looking for God--am I seeking God--like this?
We have His promise that our search will be successful!
"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13
Seek Him today--He is right there on the other side of your heart's door, waiting to be invited inside!
~Susan
Thursday, September 22, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment