Good Morning!
We are on Psalm 37 in our reading schedule today, so I thought I would share with you a picture that I made for my Bible notebook some time ago. Every now and then I run across a simple Bible passage with a little drawing or picture--something simple enough that even "I" can draw it, because I am definitely NOT an artist! Anyway, I will then draw a copy of what I found and put it into my Bible notebook. I should show you all more pictures of my Bible notebook sometime, but it is very simple--just a small three ring binder, and when I take notes on a Bible chapter I will put my note page into the binder in Biblical order. So if I was studying something in Genesis, that page would get put in the front of the binder, and if I was studying something in Revelation I would put that page of notes into the back of the binder--even if I did the Revelation page before I did the Genesis page. I just insert my notes into the binder in that order, and if I have a Bible verse I illustrated I do the same with that. I LOVE the pictures I have in my Bible notebook, and want to add more. They really make me happy when I see them as I page through my study notes!
But for our catch-up--on Psalm 36 I choose one verse that really spoke to me:
"For with You is the fountain of life, In Your light we see light." Psalm 36:9
There was a study note in my Bible that I really liked on this text, so I copied it down in my notebook. It is as follows:
"For those who thus lay hold of the divine assurances of God's word, there are wonderful possibilities. Before them lie vast fields of truth, vast resources of power. Glorious things are to be revealed. Privileges and duties which they do not even suspect to be in the Bible will be made manifest. All who walk in the path of humble obedience, fulfilling His purpose, will know more and more of the oracles of God."
Ministry of Healing, E.G. White, p. 465
That is what I want--to lay hold of the divine assurance that God has given me in His Word!
For Psalm 37 I choose to record verse 3:
"Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness." Psalm 37:3
My Bible had a very long study note at the bottom of the page referring to this verse. It is long--but beautiful, so I wanted to share it with you here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Trust in the Lord." Each day has its burdens,, its cares and perplexities, and when we meet how ready we are to talk of our difficulties and trials. So many borrowed troubles intrude, so many fears are indulged, such a weight of anxiety is expressed that one might suppose we had no pitying, loving Saviour ready to hear all our requests and to be to us a present help in ever time of need.
Some are always fearing, and borrowing trouble. Every day they are surrounded with the tokens of God's love, every day they are enjoying the bounties of His providence; but they overlook these present blessings. Their minds are continually dwelling upon something disagreeable which they fear may come, or some difficulty may really exist which, though small, blinds their eyes to the many things that demand gratitude. The difficulties they encounter, instead of driving them to God, the only source of their help, separate them from Him because they awaken unrest and repining.
Do we well to be thus unbelieving? Why should we be ungrateful and distrustful? Jesus is our friend, all heaven is interested in our welfare. We should not allow the perplexities and worries of everyday life to fret the mind and cloud the brow.
Steps to Christ, E.G. White, p. 121, 122
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guilty as charge! Too often I allow myself to focus on my difficulties instead of focusing on my friend Jesus. I need to not let the perplexities and worries of every day life draw my attention away from the reality of my loving Savior!
Have a beautiful day with your Jesus! And don't forget Him when you are facing today's troubles!
~Susan
Tuesday, September 6, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment