Good Morning!
Psalm 33 is the Psalm for today's reading. And just like yesterday, I choose a verse that is talking about God's eye being on me!
"Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His mercy; To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine." Psalm 33:18,19
So yesterday's verse told me that God is going to guide me with His eye, and today's verse is promising me that God's eye will be on me--to deliver me from death, and to keep me alive in famine! He cares about me in all ways--my eternal soul, as well as my physical needs!
God's eye is on me constantly. He knows where I am and what I am doing every single day. He knows that I am sitting here right now writing this post, with the kitchen floor needing to be swept and mopped because applesauce dripped all over it! Because He loves me so--because I am the apple of His eye--there is no place I can go where He will not be there with me.
Which reminds me of THIS promise:
"Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. If I say, 'Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night' even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you." Psalm 139:7-12
Just think about THAT for a while and let it soak in! Even the darkness is not dark to Him! Are you faced with decisions that you do not know what to do? He knows all about it--and He knows what to do! He has promised to guide you with His eye and to deliver you. He will never leave you--you are the apple of His eye!
Talk with Him today as you rush through your tasks--He is right there beside you!
~Susan
No comments:
Post a Comment