Good Morning!
Did you read Psalm 58 today? I did! The verse that kinda stood out to me was verse 11, which goes like this:
". . . Surely there is a reward for the righteous; Surely He is God who judges in the earth." Psalm 58:11
Which got me to thinking. . .
Are we a Christian because of a reward? When put that way, that sounds so mercenary--so--unChristian! But then I was reminded of another Bible passage, this one here in Revelation:
"Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, 'Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.'"
Revelation 21:2-4
And THAT is when it hit me! THIS is the reward for the righteous--it is God with us!
He wants nothing more than to be with us--and we want nothing more than to be with Him--and someday it's going to happen and we will see Him face to face. And yes--we will live happily ever after.
I want to be there with Him--and I hope that you do too! Everyone has an invitation, and He will be so disappointed if you don't accept.
Spend some time thinking about the best reward EVER as you go through your day--being with Him!
~Susan
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment