Good Morning!
I am reading Psalm 44 today, and I hope you are joining me!
I found my gem to record in my Bible notebook--I wrote down Psalm 44: 6 & 7.
"For I will not trust in my bow, nor shall my sword save me. But You have saved us from our enemies, and have put to shame those who hated us." Psalm 44:6 & 7
I love these verses, because they state clearly how it is not his own strength or weapons that are going to save him, but that the only place he is going to put his trust is in God. He knows full well that God is his only hope!
And yet--the entire rest of the chapter is talking about how God is NOT rescuing him! In fact, there are even verses such as these where he is telling God to wake up!
"Awake! Why do You sleep, O Lord? Arise! Do not cast us off forever. Why do You hide Your face, and forget our affliction and our oppression? For our soul is bowed down to the dust; Our body clings to the ground. Arise for our help, and redeem us for Your mercies' sake." Psalm 44:23-26
I find it interesting--he is not doubting God's ABILITY to save him. Instead, he is only wondering why God ISN'T saving him at that moment. He was sure God "could," but not sure why He wasn't. . .
I think we have ALL felt this way!
Why didn't God cure the cancer--He could have if He had wanted to.
Why didn't God stop the car accident--He is able, isn't He?
And on the questions go.
And I have no answers. But I remember Job's words "Though He slay me, yet will I hope in Him." (Job 13:15)
And I trust that He is in charge--and that He knows what He is doing. And that He has NOT forgotten me, because I know I am inscribed on the palms of His hands.
And someday--I will understand.
"God never leads His children otherwise than they would choose to be led, if they could see the end from the beginning and discern the glory of the purpose which they are fulfilling as co-workers with Him."
Our Father Cares, by E. G. White, p. 66 & 67
Have a beautiful day with your Jesus. Trust Him. He will never forget you!
~Susan
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment