Monday, September 19, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 50

Good Morning Everyone!

We are on Psalm 50 today--wow!  I can't believe we are one-third of the way through this journey through the Psalms!  The time is flying by super fast for me--I think because I am in the midst of the school year.  Each week just seems like a blur from the start to the finish!

Today, when I turned in my Bible notebook, I saw that I have already chosen a verse from the chapter for today.  I was reading this chapter back in May of this year, and choose verse 15 to record:

"Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me."  Psalm 50:15

Isn't that a beautiful promise?  And my study Bible had a note to go along with it:

The Lord says "Call upon Me in the day of trouble" (Psalm 50:15).  He invites us to present to Him our perplexities and necessities, and our need of divine help.  He bids us be instant in prayer.  As soon as difficulties arise, we are to offer to Him our sincere, earnest petitions.  By our importunate prayers we give evidence of our strong confidence in God.  The sense of our need leads us to pray earnestly, and our heavenly Father is moved by our supplications.
Christ's Object Lessons, by E. G. White, p. 172

As soon as difficulties arise.  Not after we have wrestled with the problem on our own for a good while and failed miserably.  No--we are to go to Him immediately--tell Him what the problem is, and ask Him to provide the solution.  Ask for HIS will to be done.  In doing this, we will be truly happy, because He is the only one who sees the end from the beginning and knows what is best for us.

So as you go throughout today, remember to bring each problem to Him. I will be trying to remember to do the same--and with His help, I know it can be done!

~Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors