Monday, September 5, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 34 & 35

Good Morning Everyone!

Are you still reading?  I am! In case you are wondering where the past two day's posts are, well--I went to visit family.  :)  My Bible came with me--but my computer did not!  But whether or not I get a post up, I do hope you will continue reading through.  And I will post as much as I can--just cannot promise every single day.

But I am back today, and did not want to skip over some of the so beautiful passages in these past couple of chapters, so I thought I would post about Psalm 34 and Psalm 35 today, then will post the next two Psalms tomorrow--and then I will be all caught up! :)

So in Psalm 34, there were so MANY verses I wanted to write down!  I finally just gave in and wrote down four different verses in my Bible notebook.  I do try and limit myself to one verse, but in the end I suppose it is my notebook so I can do what I want to! ;)  These were the verses I wrote down:

"I sought the LORD, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears."  Psalm 34:4

"The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them."  Psalm 34:7

Encamps.  Not just passing by.  Not just happened to be there.  Set up camp all around me, intending to stay awhile--like all the time.  To be there watching.  Ready to deliver me from my fears as well as from real danger.

"The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous and his ears toward their cry."  Psalm 34:15

"The LORD redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned."  Psalm 34:22

In my Bible commentary I found this passage that was talking about the Psalm 34 chapter:

"The assurance of God's approval will promote physical health.  It fortifies the soul against doubt, perplexity, and excessive grief, that so often sap the vital forces and induce nervous diseases of a most debilitating and distressing character.  The Lord has pledged His unfailing word that His eye shall be over the righteous, and His ear open to their prayer, while He is against all them that do evil.  We make very hard work for ourselves in this world when we take such a course that the Lord is against us."
SDA Bible Commentary Vol. 7A p. 1146

Then, for Psalm 35, I choose two verses:

"And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD; It shall rejoice in His salvation."  Psalm 35:9

"And my tongue shall speak of Your righteousness and of Your praise all the day long."  Psalm 35:28

And again I looked in my Bible commentary, and found this:

"The tongue needs to be educated and disciplined and trained to speak of the glories of heaven, to talk of the matchless love of Jesus Christ."
SDA Bible Commentary, Vol. 7A, p. 1146

Is your tongue trained?  I know MY tongue needs more training!  Too often I focus on the glass being half empty, instead of the glass half full.  I want my tongue to be trained to speak of my true home, my eternal home, and my never-will-He-leave-me Savior!  Yes--I know we still live in a world of sin.  I know our loved ones are still dying, accidents still happen, etc.  But we still have reason to be happy, because He has saved us and He isn't going to pay the price for our redemption and then forget to come and take His people home!

Walk with Jesus today--and do some tongue training as well.  I will be working on my own tongue today!

~Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors