Friday, September 23, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 54

Good Morning Everyone!

Today we are in Psalm 54, and I choose a beautiful gem to record in my notebook:

"Behold, God is my helper; The Lord is with those who uphold my life."  Psalm 54:4

This made me think about God being our helper, so I went to search and see if there were other verses that talked about the same thing.  There are actually quite a few, but I recorded just two of them in my notebook.

"So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.  What can mere mortals do to me'"  Hebrews 13:6

"The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.  What can man do to me?" Psalm 118:6

These verses all made me remember a beautiful quote that I have posted on my bulletin board at my desk where I do my quiet time each day.  It reads as follows:

"Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden."

Have you heard that quote before?  Do you know who it was that said it?  I do--it was said by Corrie ten Boom, who spent time in a concentration camp because of her assistance to Jews.  Not only did she spend time there, but her father and her sister both died in the concentration camps.  She was someone who certainly had reason to be bitter, but instead she clung to her God and He helped her forgive her enemies and spend years ministering to people after she was released from the camp herself.  She served others, and she relied on God for the power to forgive those who had hated her and killed her family.  Indeed--God was her helper, for without His power no human could have forgiven what was done to her and her loved ones.

And so today, remember that God is your helper.  And remember Corrie's advice as well!

~Susan


No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors