Sunday, October 30, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 90

Hello Friends!

Yesterday our reading was in Psalm 90.  Hard to believe how fast the time is flying by!  I really liked verse 17, so that is the one I wrote in my Bible Notebook:

"And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands for us; Yes, establish the work of our hands."  Psalm 90:17

I am fascinated by the phrase "establish the work of our hands for us."  I do not often stop and take the time to think about God planning out the work that He wants me to do.  Have you ever thought about this?  I mean, just to think that He really cares at that level of detail is hard to grasp.  Does He specifically want me to encourage someone today?  Am I to support them by helping with their day to day needs such as laundry and food?  Is there an e-mail I should write or a card I should send?  I have read that each day we should lay our plans before His feet and ask Him for His direction, being willing to take up or to leave out as He directs us

My Study Bible had a note on this verse, that is beautiful:

"In every human being (Jesus) discerned infinite possibilities.  He saw men as they might be, transfigured by His grace--in 'the beauty of the Lord our God' (Psalm 90:17).  Looking upon them with hope, He inspired hope.  Meeting them with confidence, He inspired trust.  Revealing in Himself man's true ideal, He awakened, for its attainment, both desire and faith. . . To many a despairing one there opened the possibility of a new life."
Education, by E. G. White, p. 80

Just think about it--when Jesus looks at you, He does not see what is but rather what with His help COULD be!  He sees your possibilities, what you and He together could do and what you could become.

So ask Him today what He wants you to do.  He will never give up on you, and His plans are always going to be good!

~Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors