Good Morning Friends!
Have you ever heard the phrase "Have a song in your heart?" When I was a child, part of a children's club at our church that I was a part of had a little thing we would recite, and a portion of it was that we would "Have a song in our hearts and go on God's errands."
Well, I think I just found here in Psalm 67 where that little phrase originated from--at least, the instruction is certainly here!
"Let the people praise You, O God: Let all the peoples praise You." Psalm 67:5
My study Bible had this note in it on this verse:
"Those who dwell upon God's great mercies, and are not unmindful of His lesser gifts, will put on the girdle of gladness and make melody in their hearts to the Lord. The daily blessings that we receive from the hand of God, and above all else the death of Jesus to bring happiness and heaven within our reach, should be a theme for constant gratitude."
Patriarchs and Prophets, by E. G. White, p. 289
This is what I want to do! I want to dwell upon God's great mercies. I want to praise Him! It is SO very easy to find ourselves in the pattern of grumbling over things that are wrong--and there will always be things wrong in this world of sin. But if He woke you up today, surely there is SOMETHING to be thankful for? SOMETHING to praise Him for? Even if it is the worst day ever--as I think of our friends who have just recently lost their 18 year old son to a car accident--even if it is a day of a funeral, can't we praise Him that He has conquered death and we will not be separated from our loved ones forever? That Jesus IS coming again? I am not discounting the sorrow, but let's not discount the promises of God!
So today--let the song in your heart come out. Let it spill over your lips, and praise God!
~Susan

No comments:
Post a Comment