Thursday, October 20, 2016
150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 81
Good Morning Friends!
I hope you are reading along in the Psalms with me, because today's Psalm was 81 and it had this beautiful promise in it:
"I am the LORD your God, Who brought you out of the land of Egypt; Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it." Psalm 81:10
I just love this verse, for many reasons! I like how God is declaring that it was He who rescued the people from slavery. He is not a weak god! He is not a god who cannot see or cannot hear! He is GOD! He was powerful enough to rescue His people from the most powerful nation on earth at that time--and I would have to say that He is also powerful enough to rescue you and me from whatever problems we are facing! Oh I realize not everything is solved the way we would like it on this sin-filled earth. Sometimes a miracle does happen, and sometimes we have to wait for His coming again for the chains of death to be broken, or other things to be fixed. But He is still powerful enough, and even if it is something we have to wait for to be completed, often times the miracle still starts now, as we invite Him into our hearts and surrender our lives to His direction. . .
I also love the part in this verse that talks about opening our mouths WIDE. Not narrow--not "here, will dribble a tiny bit in that will be just enough to keep you alive." No, God tells His people to open their mouths WIDE! And this is not just applying to physical food here, but to all sorts of blessings! It reminded me of this verse:
"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Luke 6:38
Kinda sounds like God is a generous God, and He wants US to be generous with each other as well!
As you go through your day today, keep your eyes open to see the things God has done for you. What has He rescued YOU from? And as you ask Him for blessings, are you opening your mouth WIDE? Are you blessing others with a good measure?
We serve an awesome God!
~Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment