Hello Everyone!
Barely squeaking in here today--been running constantly and am only now sitting down to the computer. But I DID spend time in Psalm 87 this morning--did you read this Psalm as well? I hope so!
In my Bible, Psalm 87 had a subtitle of "The Glories of the City of God." I found a verse to record right near the beginning:
"Glorious things are spoken of you, O city of God!" Psalm 87:3
I really liked this verse, and I thought for a while about what glorious things "I" have heard or read about the city of God. . . First, I thought of this verse:
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9
Do you know what that means? That means that heaven is SO good and SO glorious and SO wonderful that we can't even imagine the half of how wonderful it is going to be!
Then, I remembered this verse which I felt also went along well with this topic:
"And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying 'Look! God's dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.' " Revelation 21:3
This is the verse that really spoke to me--what I learned from it is the REASON heaven is so wonderful. What makes the City of God the MOST glorious is that He, Himself is there!
Don't you want to be there with Him too? I know I do! I hope you will accept His invitation. The cost for you is not free, but it is already paid. He paid it long ago, on a cross on a hill.
Wouldn't it be a shame to not accept His gift?
~Susan
Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment