Sunday, October 30, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 91

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Today our Psalm was Psalm 91--a favorite of mine!  In fact, long ago I purchased this Psalm recorded on a cassette tape--yes, I AM that old--and I would play it for our son as part of his home school Bible class.  This song was designed in a simple way, just word for word the Psalm, so that it would be simple for children to be able to memorize the Bible chapter.  It worked well--and worked pretty good for home school moms as well!  There are several Bible chapters that I still have memorized as a result of having them set to music--and Psalm 91 is one of them.  Music has a special pathway to our brains.  In fact, of these chapters I can SING them, but I cannot SAY them.  But that's alright--singing them still means they are hidden in my heart!

From this chapter, I choose two verses to record in my notebook:

"I will say of the LORD, 'He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.'"  Psalm 91:2

"For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways."  Psalm 91:11

How blessed we are, that we can take refuge in this troublesome world in our God.  That we can claim HIM as our refuge and our fortress--that we truly can trust Him!  And that He cares so much for each one of us that He has assigned us our own angel to watch over us.  We are never without help, and when we pray, He answers.

Ask Him to be your refuge today.  Ask Him to guide you and to lead you--and then when He has revealed His will to you, follow it!  Whatever He asks us to do for Him, He will always walk beside us.  I think of Corrie ten Boom, and how God asked her to walk through the prison camp.  Definitely a most difficult task to follow--and yet God walked with her and Corrie came out the other end with a real and living faith in her God who never left her.  She is a witness to me today, even though she has passed to her rest, as I read of her experiences and her trust in her Savior.

Your God is your refuge.  And no one can take that away.

~Susan




No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors