Saturday, October 15, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 75



Good Morning Everyone!

Yesterday started off super busy--as most Friday's do, so while I did read Psalm 75 I did not get a chance to sit down with my compter and post on it.  But oh well--as they say, better late than never! :D

I thought verses 6 and 7 were interesting, so I recorded them in my Bible notebook:

"For exaltation comes neither from the east nor from the west nor from the south.  But God is the Judge:  He puts down one, and exhalts another." Psalm 75:6, 7

How often do YOU find youself looking for help--or looking for affirmation--from another direction?   I know I find myself falling into this trap often!  And a trap it is indeed, because we are not to be doing our work here in earth for another person--we are to be doing it for God.  And if we are following His direction and guidance and doing our best for His glory, well, then we can leave the results with Him.  And in that case, it really doesn't matter if we receive praise from someone, because our goal won't be to please man but to please God.  This is a much higher goal for sure!

My study Bible had this note in it, which I thought was excellent so I wanted to share it with you:

"Let those who feel that their work is not appreciated, and who crave a position of greater responsibility, consider that 'promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the Judge:  He putteth down one and setteth up another' (Psalm 75:6,7).  Every man has his place in the eternal plan of heaven.  Whether we fill that place depends upon our own faithfulness in co-operating with God."

Ministry of Healing, by E. G. White, p. 476

Just think about that for a little bit--heaven has a specific place for YOU to be working!  Are you faithfully co-operating with God?  It doesn't matter if you are a janitor or president of the United States--but it DOES matter if you are doing what God has asked you to do.

Spend some time in prayer today--and ask your Creator and Redeemer what He wants you to do today!

~Susan

1 comment:

tnphotobug said...

A wonderful encouragement! Thank you for sharing! :)

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors