Wednesday, October 19, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 80

Good Morning Everyone!

Today we are on Psalm 80!  It is hard to believe we are over half way through the Psalms!  I am looking forward to closing my year by spending time in His Word, and if I stay on track I should be finishing the Psalms just about when this old year closes out on the calendar.

But back to today's Psalm!  I choose verse 19 to record in my notebook.  But there is something very interesting about this verse.  In Psalm 80, verse 3, verse 7, and verse 19 are all identical--they are all repeated word for word!  So I take that to mean the author was trying to make a point here!  It reads like this:

"Restore us, O LORD God of hosts; Cause Your face to shine; And we shall be saved!"  Psalm 80:19

I noticed something about this verse.  Not only is it repeated three times in the chapter, but the verse itself has three parts to it as well.  Which got me to thinking more about what each of the three parts mean. . .

1) We need restoration.  We are broken, but we can call out to Him.

2)  He is the ONLY One who can restore us.  We are broken, but He is able and He is willing because we are His people.

3)  We shall be saved.  With Him--nothing is impossible.  He cannot forget us--we are inscribe on the palms of His hands.

So as you go about your day today, take some tie to turn to the Only One who can restore your life.  The One who can restore your soul.  He is oh so willing to save you!

~Susan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I have been reading these posts and put together a prayer journal.

Friend said...

I am so glad! My Prayer Journal and Bible Notebooks have been such a blessing to me!

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors