Good Morning Friends!
Today we are on Psalm 72! This entire chapter is a word picture of what the reign of Solomon "could" be--if only he chooses to follow God. I really liked verse 18, so I wrote that one down for my notebook:
"Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only does wonderous things!" Psalm 72:18
I just love how that is worded--we don't have a God who does ordinary things, no--we have a God who only does WONDEROUS things!
My study Bible had this note on Psalm 72:
"With tender earnestness David entreated Solomon to be manly and noble, to show mercy and loving-kindness to his subjects, and in all his dealings with the nations of earth to honor and glorify the name of God and to make manifest the beauty of holiness. . .
Oh, what an opportunity was Solomon's! Should he follow the divinely inspired instruction of his father, his reign would be a reign of righteousness, like that described in the seventy-second psalm."
Prophets and Kings, by E. G. White, p. 26
This psalm makes me think--what are the wonderous things that God has planned for MY life--if only I will follow His direction? He is no ordinary God, and he does no ordinary things! And I know His plans are good ones, because the Bible promises that as well:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11
So as you go throughout your day, talk with your wonderous God. Ask Him what He wants you to do, what decisions He wants you to make. Follow His direction and you will never be disappointed!
~Susan

No comments:
Post a Comment