Tuesday, October 25, 2016
150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 85
Good Morning!
Yesterday we were on Psalm 85. Yesterday morning I was NOT on my computer! ;) So will try and catch up today.
I really loved verse 10, so that is the one I wrote down in my Bible Notebook:
"Mercy and truth have met together; Righteousness and peace have kissed." Psalm 85:10
My study Bible had a note on this verse, which I thought was very good so I wanted to share it with you here:
"God's love has been expressed in His justice no less than in His mercy. Justice is the foundation of His throne, and the fruit of His love. It had been Satan's purpose to divorce mercy from truth and justice. He sought to prove that the righteousness of God's law is an enemy to peace. But Christ shows that in God's plan they are indissolubly joined together; the one cannot exist without the other."
Desire of Ages, by E. G. White, p. 762
If there was no Godly justice--we would have no peace. When I think of Psalm 85:10, "Mercy and truth have met together," in my mind comes a picture of Jesus. God the Son, and God the Father--who loved us SO much, that they paid the price for our sin.
"For God SO loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son. . . "
THAT is both mercy and truth.
How much He loves us, my mind cannot even wrap around.
Spend time with the One who loves you most of all today.
~Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment