Good Morning!
Psalm 79 is our Psalm for today! :) This is a Psalm that is talking about all the terrible things that have happened to God's people--how the enemies have come in, the people have been killed, and Jerusalem has been reduced to rubble.
Not exactly painting a happy picture, is it? This Psalm cries out to God, asking how long until He avenges His people. But there is running through it a theme that the author--which the Bible identifies as Asaph--knows full well that his God is able to help them. He knows that God is strong enough to deliver them, and he is crying out for God to do just that.
My study Bible is NKJV, so the text I wrote down in my notebook shown in the above picture is from that version, but I also love how the NIV version reads:
"Then we your people, the sheep of your pasture, will praise you forever; from generation to generation we will proclaim your praise." Psalm 79:13
This got me to thinking, and I did a quick search for other verses that talk about thanking God or praising God. I came up with these texts to add to this theme:
"that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. LORD my God, I will praise you forever." Psalm 30:12
"I will praise you, Lord m God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever." Psalm 86:12
"I will thank you forever, because of what you have done. In the presence of the faithful I will proclaim your name, for it is good." Psalm 52:9
And I think that is what our job is--to praise God forever, because He--and only He--is truly good!
How can you praise Him today? Only He is worthy--Only He has saved us!
~Susan

No comments:
Post a Comment