Monday, October 10, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 71

Good Morning Everyone!

I LOVED today's Psalm!  So very many encouraging and precious verses that I want to remember!  I could not possibly limit myself in my notebook to recording just one.  Instead, with GREAT effort, I "only" wrote down four!

These are the verses I choose:

"In You, O LORD, I put my trust:  Let me never be put to shame."  Psalm 71:1

"Let my mouth be filled with Your praise and with Your glory all the day."  Psalm 71:8

"But I will hope continually, and will praise You yet more and more.  My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness and Your salvation all the day, for I do not know their limits."  Psalm 71:14 & 15

I have already mentioned that I have been reading the book "The Hiding Place," about Corrie ten Boom and her family and how they hid Jews from those who wanted to kill them.  I have finished this book, and have started the sequel entitled "Tramp for the Lord."  This second book is about her activities after Corrie was released from the concentration camp.  For many people, they would have spent the rest of their lives bitter about what had happened to them, angry with those who destroyed their family--but not Corrie.  By God's grace, she and her sister Betsy lived these verses while in the camp, and Corrie lived these verses the rest of her life after the camp (Betsy died one week before Corrie was released from the camp).

In the camp, Corrie and Betsy held Bible studies daily in their barracks with the Bible they had smuggled in with them.  The very fleas and lice that made their lives miserable also kept the guards from coming into their barracks--therefore they were able to lead others to Him and point the way to the only source of hope.  And after her release, Corrie traveled and spread the love of her Savior who had carried her through the darkest of days.  In my thoughts, she LIVED these verses--she had stared death in the face, literally, and had found that even then--her Jesus was there.

". . . My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness and Your salvation all the day, for I do not know their limits."  Psalm 71:15

His help--His righteousness--His salvation--there are no limits!

~Susan


No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors