Wednesday, October 12, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 73

Good Morning!

Did you read Psalm 73 with me today?  It is filled with descriptions of the wicked--and God's watch care over those who love Him.  I wrote down several verses in my notebook.  I love finding promises and claiming them!  The first verse that really said it was "mine" was verse 23:

"Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand."  Psalm 73:23

This brought up the picture in my mind of a loving parent who holds a small child's hand while crossing a busy street.

The next three verses after this one I also loved, so I wrote them down as well:

"You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.  Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."  Psalm 73:24-26

These verses--these promises--are what I want.  I want God to be continually with me.  I want Him to hold my hand.  I want His counsel and guidance.  He is more important to me than anything this sin filled world can offer.  I claim Him as my strength forever.

As I pondered these verses this morning, and asked myself what it was God wanted me to learn from them--there was only one thought that the Holy Spirit spoke to me:

Jesus loves me, this I know--
for the Bible tells me so
Little ones to Him belong
they are weak but He is strong!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Have a beautiful day Friend.  And don't forget how much Jesus loves you!

~Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors