Tuesday, October 4, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 65

Good Morning Friends!

Have you ever talked with someone and then realized that they were not even listening?  That their attention was instead on reading their e-mail, checking FB, or reading something else?  Or even just that they were lost in thought about something else and really weren't paying attention to what you were saying to them?  I have!  And sad to admit--but I know I have also been on the opposite end of this, with not really paying attention to someone talking to me when I should have!

How does it make you feel when this happens to you?  I know for me, it kinda makes me not want to talk with that person any more.  I feel like they aren't really interested in me--and then I don't want to waste the energy talking with them, because they aren't listening anyway.

I think this has probably happened to everyone.  BUT--there is ONE person who NEVER does this to us.  We can count on Him to always listen!

"O You who hear prayer, to You all flesh will come." Psalm 65:2

This is the verse I recorded today in my notebook.  But there is more.  Not only does He listen to us--He also answers us.

"By awesome deeds in righteousness You will answer us, O God of our salvation,  You who are the confidence of all the ends of the earth, and of the far-off seas." Psalm 65:5

Isn't that beautiful?  He listens--and He answers.  THAT is why I love Him!

"I love the Lord because He hears my prayers and answers them.  Because He bends down and listens, I will pray as long as I breath!  Psalm 116:1,2 TLB

Talk with your Savior today--right now.  Invite Him into your life.  Ask Him to direct your path today in every decision and action.  He is listening to you, and He promises to answer.

~Susan

1 comment:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

What a beautiful idea. Oh and yes - it has happened to me - and the worse thing - I think is when someone starts talking before you are even done---clearly they were not listening....
Thankful that God listens and answers! What an awesome God we serve! :O)

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors