Good Morning Everyone!
How was your weekend? Mine was good--but busy! I thought I would have time to post, but was often either gone at church or gone running errands, so will have to get caught up on posting today.
For Sabbath,, our reading was Psalm 76. I choose two verses that I felt were significant:
"You caused judgement to be heard from heaven; the earth feared and was still, when God arose to judgment, to deliver all the oppressed of the earth." Psalm 76:8,9
Why do I feel these verses are important? Because it states that God is the judge. That means WE aren't. And God WILL deliver the oppressed. Sometimes He chooses to deliver His people here on this earth right now--and sometimes it will be later when He takes His people to heaven and judges the wicked for what they did to His people. But judgement is HIS job, and He will do it in HIS timing.
"Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written,' Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.' " Romans 12:19
" for this is what the LORD Almighty says: 'After the Glorious One has sent me against the nations that have plundered you--for whoever touches you touches the apple of his eye--I will surely raise my hand against them so that their slaves will plunder them. Then you will know that the LORD Almighty has sent me.' " Zechariah 2:8-9
God's people are the apple of His eye. After her release from the concentration camp, Corrie ten Boom did not travel around preaching about how terrible the Germans had treated her and her family. No--she traveled around preaching how wonderful God's forgiveness is, and she left any judgment and vengeance with Him. She realized that if God could forgive HER sins and make her heart clean, then the same applied to THEIR sins. Even the very ones who had abused her and killed her family. Definitely something to think about!
Moving on to Sunday's reading. . . .
On Sunday I read Psalm 77 and found this beautiful gem:
"In the day of my trouble I sought the LORD; My hand was stretched out in the night without ceasing; My soul refused to be comforted." Psalm 77:2
I also loved this one:
"You led Your people like a flock, by the hand of Moses and Aaron." Psalm 77:20
Do you realize that God is leading YOU? He knows exactly where you live, who you are, what your talents and interests are? (after all, HE is the One who gave you those talents!)
My study Bible had this notation in it, which I absolutely love:
"However large the flock, the shepherd knows every sheep. Every one has its name, and responds to the name at the shepherd's call. As an earthly shepherd knows his sheep, so does the divine Shepherd know His flock that are scattered throughout the world."
Desire of Ages, by E. G. White, p. 479
Can you just imagine that? God knows YOUR name! Literally knows YOU! You can run to Him, and He will always help you.
Talk with your shepherd today--He is waiting to hear from you!
~Susan
Monday, October 17, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment