Friday, November 11, 2016
150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 101
Good Morning Everyone!
We are on Psalm 101 today! As I read this Psalm, it seems to be a promise that David was making to God. David starts out with a promise to sing of God's mercy and justice--to sing praises to the LORD. Then he continues on to talk about what he and what he will not do--he is going to behave wisely, he is going to walk with a perfect heart. And then we come to the verse that I choose to write in my Bible notebook:
"I will set nothing wicked before my eyes; I hate the work of those who fall away; It shall not cling to me." Psalm 101:3
I thought this verse was interesting. How often each day do we "set nothing wicked" before our eyes? It seems like you cannot go ANYWHERE these days without seeing something wicked! Perhaps there is a difference between "seeing" something wicked and purposely "setting" it before our eyes. Are we careful with books and T. V. and movies that we watch--that we are not using evil things for entertainment? There might be a murder story book that is true--but does it pass the Philippians 4:8 test?
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Philippians 4:8
Since we live in a world of sin, just because something happened does not mean it is a good thing for our minds to purposely dwell on. . . We may of no choice have to live "among" evil--but we do not have to let it cling to us. . . I do not know if he really said this or not, but I read that Martin Luther King Jr. once said "You cannot keep birds from flying over your head--but you can keep them from building a nest in your hair." Whoever first said this--it makes a lot of sense!
So as you go throughout today, set nothing wicked before your eyes--and sing of God's mercy and justice!
~Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

1 comment:
This week I have had to cancel the recording of several shows that I had been watching because I had been convicted that I no longer needed to watch them. They were not uplifting- in fact they had slowly went down hill. Thankful I finally listened to the Holy Spirit. Lisa :o)
Post a Comment