Wednesday, November 9, 2016
150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 99
Good Morning Everyone!
I'm back! Crawling my way off the couch and back into the land of the living! My energy levels are still definitely low, but yesterday I was able to sit up while on the couch--first time vertical since I got sick, and today I am hoping to actually BE up! Thank you to everyone who prayed for me--I appreciate it so much! We sure do not realize how GOOD we feel on normal days, until we are hit by the flu! And I am SO thankful to be finally on the upswing!
As I thought about what to do now--whether to skip over the Psalms I had missed, or just pick up and keep going, I realized since I was able to keep posting on a couple of the days I was sick, all told I only missed posting and reading on two days, so instead of skipping those chapters I thought I would prefer to just keep going. I'm glad I did, because as I read the next Psalm--Psalm 99--it seemed perfect for today, the day after our countries election day.
You see, I think it is perfect because no matter if you are happy or sad about the election results, this truth remains:
"The LORD reigns; Let the peoples tremble! He dwells between the cherubim; Let the earth be moved!" Psalm 99:1
It reminded me of a verse we read just a couple Psalms ago:
"The LORD reigns, let the earth be glad; Let the distant shores rejoice." Psalm 97:1
And then I remembered another place where this theme is mentioned:
"And I heard a sound like the roar of a great multitude, like the rushing of many waters, and like a mighty rumbling of thunder, crying out: 'Hallelujah! For our Lord God, The Almighty, reigns.'" Revelation 19:6
The day before election day--
the LORD reigns.
The day after election day--
the LORD reigns.
The day you ace the test--
the LORD reigns.
The day you fail the test--
the LORD reigns.
The day your child is born--
the LORD reigns.
And even the day your child dies--
yes, the LORD reigns even then.
Just read what Daniel said many many years ago:
"Then Daniel praised the God of heaven. He said, 'Praise the name of God forever and ever, for he has all wisdom ad power. He controls the course of world events; he removes kings and sets up other kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars. He reveals deep and mysterious things and knows what lies hidden in darkness, though he is surrounded by light.'" Daniel 2:20-22
There is nothing that happens that is a surprise to God. And while He is allowing human history to play out upon this world of sin, ultimately--nothing is going to stop His plans. And His plans are for good--very good!
" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' " Jeremiah 29:11
So spend some time today with the One who reigns. He is always waiting to spend time with you!
~Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment