Wednesday, November 30, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 120


Good Morning Everyone!

Today we are reading in Psalm 120--a much shorter Psalm than yesterday's Psalm 119!  I knew as soon as I started reading that I wanted to record the first verse in my Bible notebook:

"In my distress I cried to the LORD, and He heard me." Psalm 120:1


Last night our weather radio went off four times--and that was all just before midnight when we gave up sleeping in our beds and moved all in our family down to the basement!  Severe thunderstorms, hail, and tornadoes are what the weather radio was warning us against.  I am VERY thankful for the warnings it gives--but it DOES startle you a bit and almost give you a heart attack when it goes off and you WERE sleeping soundly!  Once we moved to the basement, the radio continued to go off but we could sleep peacefully knowing that we had done all that we could--there was no more safer place in our home for us to move to.  And so--in my distress--I cried to the Lord--and He heard me and I slept!

That does not mean that if a tornado HAD hit our house that the Lord wouldn't have heard us--by no means.  We have some very good friends who had just that happen several years ago--a tornado swept through their neighborhood--just a few miles from where we live--and completely destroyed houses including theirs.  Praise God they were able to escape with their lives, sheltering in their basement.  God does not always protect His people from bad things happening to us in this world of sin.  But can we not pray to Him--and then relax, knowing that He has indeed heard us?

What is your distress today?  Tornadoes?  Bills?  Illness?  Relationships?  Whatever it is--cry to Him.  He truly cares.  He will help guide you--He has promised!

~Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors