Tuesday, November 1, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 93


Good Morning Friends!

Today is Psalm 93!  Hard to believe that it is the first of November already!

This was a very very short Psalm--only five verses!  But it starts out beautiful right from verse 1, and I wrote this verse in my Bible Notebook:

"The LORD reigns, He is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed, He has girdled Himself with strength.  Surely the world is established, so that it cannot be moved."  Psalm 93:1

But right after I finished writing out verse one, I realized I couldn't leave out verse two!

"Your throne is established from of old; You are from everlasting."  Psalm 93:2

This Psalm today has gotten me thinking. . . thinking about God, and His kingdom, and how He is eternal and about how He is everlasting.  Our God is not some impostor who has taken over a country and banished the rightful reigning king.  No--our God is our Creator and He is the One who sustains us as well.  It is true that an enemy has taken over our world and so we currently live in a world of sin--but this is not how everything ends!

Which reminds me--have you ever seen those t-shirts or mugs or things that have the expression on them "Keep Calm and Carry On?"  Do you know where that expression came from?  Well just in case you never heard, I have a short video to share with you which will explain it's origins.



Isn't that an interesting story?  The British government wanted to give some assurance to it's people, even though they found themselves in the middle of a war.  I cannot help but see the similarity between this situation in history and where we find ourselves today.  Our sinful world is definitely a war-zone.  But we are not lost--we are not forsaken!  Truly, our King wants us to "Keep Calm and Carry On," because HE is the everlasting King, and He will NOT forsake His children!

"Look, I am coming soon!  Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll."  Revelation 22:7

"Look, I am coming soon!  My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done."  Revelation 22:12

"The Spirit and the bride say, 'Come!' And let the one who hears say, 'Come!' Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life."  Revelation 22:17

Your King is coming back for you!  He has paid the price--His gift of eternal life is offered to you free of charge, though it cost Him dearly.  Won't you accept His gift today?  And then--placing your hand in His--no matter what happens to you or around you, you will know that your life is safely hidden in Him, and you will indeed be able to:

Keep Calm and Carry On

~Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors