Good Morning Everyone!
We are reading Psalm 116 today, and this is one of my favorite Psalms! When I first met my husband, he taught me a little song that he played on his guitar that was based on Psalm 116. It was a beautiful and simple little tune, talking about how "I love the Lord because he hears my voice and answers me, because He bends down and listens, I will call on Him as long as I live." I was looking for this song this morning so I could share it with you--but I can't find that exact version. I did, however, find several very pretty other songs, so I thought I would share one with you!
There are so many beautiful verses in this Psalm! Probably my favorite is the first two verses, which the song my husband taught me is based on:
"I love the LORD, because He has heard my voice and my supplications Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live." Psalm 116: 1 & 2
I also really like verse 12, which is the one I wrote down in my notebook this morning:
"What shall I render to the LORD for all His benefits toward me?" Psalm 116:12
Have you ever thought about that? What we can possibly do for Him? My Study Bible had this note in it, which I thought was a good reminder for us:
"The Christian should often review his past life and recall with gratitude the precious deliverances that God has wrought for him, supporting him in trial, opening ways before him when all seemed dark and forbidding, refreshing him when ready to faint. He should recognize all of them as evidences of the watchcare of heavenly angels. In view of these innumerable blessings he should often ask, with subdued and grateful heart, 'What shall I render unto the Lord for all His benefits toward me?'" (Psalm 116:12)
Patriarchs and Prophets, by E. G. White, p. 187
What shall I give Him?
I can only give Him my heart.
~Susan
No comments:
Post a Comment