Wednesday, November 16, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 106


Good Morning Everyone!

Have you thanked God yet today?  Reading the Psalm for today was a good reminder to me about how much we should be praising Him.  We are reading in Psalm 106, and verse 1 starts out like this:

"Praise the LORD!  Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!  For His mercy endures forever."  Psalm 106:1

God IS good--all the time!  And if it wasn't for His great mercy I would be lost indeed!  His mercy endures forever--not just for a day or a week or a month--but forever!  No matter how many times I mess up, He is always willing to forgive me.  If I just take one step towards Him, He RUNS the rest of the way to me!  He just will not force me to choose Him. . .

So this verse got me to thinking about God's great mercy.  I didn't have any notes in my study Bible on this chapter, but I did a quick google search and found something I love!  This is what I found:

"Have we not reason to talk of God's goodness, and to tell of his power?  When friends are kind to us, we esteem it a privilege to thank them for their kindness.  How much more should we count it a joy to return thanks to the Friend who has given us every good and perfect gift.  Then let us, in every church, cultivate thanksgiving to God.  Let us educate our lips to praise God in the family circle  Let us teach our children to offer praise and thanksgiving to God.  Let our gifts and offerings declare our gratitude for the favors we daily receive.  In everything we should show forth the joy of the lord, and make known the message of God's saving grace."
The Review and Herald, by E. G. White, Mat 7, 1908

What has God done for you today?  I woke up snuggled under warm covers, and was able to greet my son before he went off to school.  Then I am privileged to be able to in freedom pull out my Bible and spend some time with Him.  I have food in my cupboards, and a roof over my head.  And so many clothes that I have trouble fitting them all in my small 1963 size closet!  I have a car in the driveway, and I have recovered from the flu that hit me up last week.  I have freedom to home school our daughter--and so many MANY blessings each and every day, that just seem like normal life to me.  And it is--because I am blessed abundantly every single day!

What good things has God done for you today? Spend some time thinking about Him--because He is thinking about you!

~Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors