Tuesday, November 15, 2016
150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 105
Good Morning Everyone!
Today we are reading Psalm 105. I confess--I think I was influenced in the verse that I choose to record in my Bible notebook by what is going on around me. I live in the part of the country that is dry, dry, dry! In fact, I read somewhere that it has been seven months since we have had a rain that brought as much as one inch of water on our parched earth. And this is definitely NOT normal for this area, and that means it is really stressing the trees and other vegetation that grows in this area. And to add on top of the dryness, we are now experiencing fires all around us. For the past three days the air is filled with smoke. Air quality alerts have been issued, and they are encouraging people to not exercise outside, to bring your small pets inside, etc. We need rain BAD, and there is really no rain in sight.
But then I read today's Psalm--and I am reminded that He can make water come out of a rock if need be:
"He opened the rock, and water gushed out; It ran in the dry places like a river." Psalm 105:41
But there is more to this story than simply providing water--important that that was. The rock also represented Him who would save us. My study Bible gave this comment:
"That rock was a symbol of Him who by His death would cause living streams of salvation to flow to all who are athirst. Christ's words were the water of life. There in the presence of the assembled multitude He set Himself apart to be smitten, that the water of life might flow to the world. In smiting Christ, Satan thought to destroy the Prince of life; but from the smitten rock there flowed living water."
The Desire of Ages, by E. G. White, p. 454
Water IS life. Where there is no water--there is no life. This is why scientists look on Mars for water, when they are wanting to see if they can find life on other planets. But even more important than physical life, is our spiritual life. Because through Him, we can thrive!
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." John 10:10
So drink deep of Him today--and you will have abundant life!
~Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment