Monday, November 28, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 118


Good Morning Everyone!

We are reading in Psalm 118 today.  It is repeating the theme that the past several Psalms have had--that of giving praise to God!  I loved the first verse in the chapter:

"Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!  For His mercy endures forever."  Psalm 118:1

Exactly how long is "forever"?  Have you ever thought about that?

I also wrote down verse 5 and 6:

"I called on the LORD in distress; The LORD answered me and set me in a broad place.  The LORD is on my side; I will not fear.  What can man do to me?"  Psalm 118:5,6

This--this is where our trust and security need to be.  When you think about it--man can do a LOT to a person!  I am reminded of the recent Corrie ten Boom stories I have been reading.  Man took her and threw her in a prison.  Man separated her from her father and from her sister and from all other earthly support.  But man could not separate her from her Father in heaven.  Even though she was living in awful circumstances--and I truly do not believe it was God's will for her to be in prison, yet--He took something negative that man did to her, and blessed Corrie anyway.  Their relationship that came out of prison was much stronger than their relationship together that went INTO prison. God used that time period as a training ground for the work He would ask Corrie to do for Him after she was released.

So I think the instruction in these verses are what we need to be following today--what I need to be following.  In my distress--for on this earth, we will certainly find ourselves in distress--in my distress, I will call on the LORD.  And He will answer me, I need not fear.

Are you calling on Him today?  He is waiting to talk with you!

~Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors