Sunday, November 6, 2016
150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 97
Good Morning Everyone!
I hope some of you are still reading the Psalms along with me! I have a confession--I did not get yesterday's Psalm read yesterday. Instead I came down with the flu on Friday afternoon, and spent all of yesterday on the couch doing absolutely nothing! I am not feeling the greatest today either, but am hoping for better than yesterday. Just between you and me, I can think of a LOT of things I would highly recommend that you do rather than copying me and getting the flu! Even regular daily work is better than not feeling good! But anyway, I have read both yesterday's Psalm and today's Psalm so far, so I guess even if I do nothing else I am still ahead of what I accomplished yesterday!
So yesterday's Psalm was Psalm 97. I really liked the first two verses that the chapter starts with:
"The LORD reigns; Let the earth rejoice; Let the multitude of isles be glad! Clouds and darkness surround Him, Righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne."
Psalm 97:1 & 2
These verses give me a lot of comfort, especially with it being election time in our country! I do not see a canidate that I think is truthful and honest, righteous and just. But no matter who is in the White House, I can take comfort that God is on His throne.
My Study Bible has this note on these verses, and I thought I would share it with you:
"In the temple in heaven, the dwelling place of God, His throne is established in righteousness and judgment. In the most holy place is His law, the great rule of right by which all mankind are tested. The ark that enshrines the tables of the law is covered with the mercy seat, before which Christ pleads His blood inthe sinner's behalf. Thus is represented the union of justice and mercy int he plan of human redemption."
The Great Controversy, by E. G. White, p. 415
We want and need a God who is just---but every bit as much we need a God who is merciful. On our own, we have nothing to redeem us--but Jesus pleads His blood in our behalf.
What great love! I cannot even understand it!
~Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment