Tuesday, November 22, 2016
150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 112
Hello Friends!
A good chilly morning to Everyone! Today we are reading in Psalm 112. This is a beautiful Psalm--one of those that you feel like underlining the whole thing instead of just a verse or two!
In my Bible, this Psalm has a sub title that says "The Blessed State of the Righteous." With a title like that, one would expect that this would be a very encouraging Psalm--and it does not disappoint! This Psalm describes God's righteous people with phrases such as "descendants will be mighty on earth," "wealth and riches will be in his house," "deals graciously and lends," "will not be afraid of evil tidings," "heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD," and "has dispersed abroad, he has given to the poor." All these describing God's righteous people!
I choose to write in my Bible notebook verse six:
"Surely he will never be shaken; The righteous will be in everlasting remembrance." Psalm 112:6
We all have lost loved ones in this world of sin. But just because they may be temporarily resting in the grave--waiting for Jesus to come and awake them--does not mean that their deeds do not still have an influence upon things here on earth. My study Bible had this note to go along with this chapter, which I wanted to share with you:
"As the glow of the descending sun lights up the mountain peaks long after the sun itself has sunk behind the hills, so the works of the pure, the holy, and the good shed light upon the world long after the actors themselves have passed away. Their works, their words, their example, will forever live. 'The righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance.' Psalm 112:6"
Patriarchs and Prophets, by E. G. White, p. 481
It makes me stop and wonder--what influence will live on after I am resting in the grave? What influence am I spreading around now? I pray that it will be what God wants it to be, and that others will not see me when they look at me, but rather Him.
~Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment