Good Morning Everyone!
We are reading in Psalm 11 today. :) The verse that spoke to my heart the most was verse 4, which reads like this:
"The LORD is in His holy temple, The LORD'S throne is in heaven; His eyes behold, His eyelids test the sons of men."
I thought the "eyelids test the sons of men" was a bit strange sounding to me, so I looked the same verse up in the New Living Translation. That version is worded like this:
"But the LORD is in his holy Temple; the LORD still rules from heaven. He watches everyone closely, examining every person on earth."
This version made more sense to me, the way it was worded. My study Bible had a comment for this verse, which I thought was really good so I wanted to share it with you here. This comment is taken from the book "Education," by E.G. White and is on p. 132
"The hand that sustains the worlds in space, the hand that holds in their orderly arrangement and tireless activity all things throughout the universe of God, is the hand that was nailed to the cross for us.
The greatness of God is to us incomprehensible. 'The Lord's throne is in heaven;' yet by His Spirit He is everywhere present. He has an intimate knowledge of, and a personal interest in, all the works of His hand."
Isn't that beautiful? Too think that God has a intimate knowledge of ME, a personal interest in ME. In all the people in this world, I am not lost in a huge mass of nameless, faceless humans. No--God knows ME, and He knows YOU. And He cares about every detail in our lives.
Are you reading the Psalms with me? What spoke to you this morning?
Have a beautiful day with the One who knows you!
~Susan
No comments:
Post a Comment