Good Morning Everyone!
Did you miss me here yesterday? If so, I'm sorry! I am going to post as often as I can, but being a busy wife and mother and home schooling teacher has to remain my first priority--after my own time with God, that is. Anyway, so I did read Psalm 9 yesterday and I did journal about it in my Bible notebook--but did not have time to get on the computer and post a blog post. So I hope you will understand, and I REALLY hope some of you are still reading along in the Psalms with me! :)
Anyway, so I thought today I could do a combination post, and share thoughts from both yesterday's chapter as well as from today's. :) And I do hope that you will continue to share back with me things that you are reading and learning and having the Holy Spirit whisper in your ear!
So on to Psalm 9--I choose as my verse Psalm 9:10:
"And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You."
This verse really spoke to my heart. I decided the first part--"And those who know Your name will put their trust in You" is God's will for me--it is His will for me to put my trust in Him. So I colored that part blue. And the last part--"For You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You" I colored yellow, because that spoke to me of what God's character is like--He will not forsake us.
As I thought about this verse, I decided to look up in the dictionary and see what it said for the word "Trust." It had two different things that applied to this verse--Trust as a noun, and Trust as a verb. This is what it said:
Trust--noun: firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something. "relations have to be built on trust"
Synonyms: confidence, belief, faith, certainty, assurance, conviction, credence, reliance
Trust--verb: believe in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of. "I should never have trusted her"
Synonyms: rely on, depend on, bank on, count on, be sure of
And those who know Your name--if we KNOW God, then we will know that we can trust Him. It is when we do NOT know Him that we begin to wonder and doubt His trustworthiness!
And moving on to Psalm 10, I choose for my verse number 17:
LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear.
You have heard. God is not a god of stone or wood or metal that we bow down to but it has no knowledge of our lives. Our God created us--we did not create Him. And He sees us, He hears us, He knows us, He loves us!
And sneaking in a second verse from this chapter, "To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more." Psalm 10:18 God sees us. God hears us. And God will not ignore the cries of His people. Some day soon, He will come and rescue us from this sin-filled earth. Because He has heard our cry for help.
I love reading through the Psalms with friends! Please share in the comments anything from Psalms 9 or 10 that spoke to your heart!
And have a wonderful day with Jesus!
~Susan
Wednesday, August 10, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment