Tuesday, August 16, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 16

Good Morning!

Psalm 16 is the reading for today--and what a beautiful Psalm it is!  If you are struggling with ANYTHING in your life--and really, who isn't!--then this is a great Psalm of promise for you!

I choose verse 8 for the verse to write down.  In my NKJV Study Bible it reads like this:

"I have set the LORD always before me, Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved."

I also looked this chapter up in the NIV version, and verse 8 in the NIV reads just a little different:

"I keep my eyes always on the LORD.  With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken."

I like to read different Bible versions, because it really helps me to gain better understanding of the meaning of that verse.  I was thinking today after reading this chapter about how a boat in a storm may put down an anchor.  The anchor does not make the storm go away, and it does not make the winds stop blowing the ship around.  But it WILL keep the ship secure and prevent it from being dashed against nearby rocks.

My Bible had another study note in this chapter that I wanted to share with you.  Not every chapter in this Bible has a study note, but many of them do and I always look forward to reading what is in the box!  This study note is from the book "Education," by E. G. White and is from p. 69:

"Our growth in grace, our joy, our usefulness--all depend upon our union with Christ.  It is by communion with Him, daily, hourly--by abiding in Him--that we are to grow in grace  He is not only the Author, but the Finisher of our faith.  It is Christ first and last and always.  He is to be with us, not only at the beginning and the end of our course, but at every step of the way."

Isn't that reassuring?  God did not just create us and then let us go on our own to sink or swim!  He is with us every step--on the day that you hear the word "Cancer," on the day that your loved one dies, and even on the days where your washing machine overflows and you are so weary you could cry!  When the car breaks down and your two year old is having a melt down during church--He is right there with you.

Today, I am going to try and remember that whatever I face, He is with me.

Walk with your Savior today!

~Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors