Wednesday, August 3, 2016
150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 3
Good Morning!
I am getting a late start this morning, but thought I would still get on for a super quick post. :)
Reading through Psalm 3 today. Verses 3 and 4 looked to fit the catagories I am always looking for--where verse 3 says "But You, O LORD, are a shield for me. My glory and the One who lifts up my head." --that part looked like a promise to me. The Lord is my shield--He will lift up my head.
Moving to verse 4, "I cried to the LORD with my voice,"--that seemed like God's Will for me. NOT that it is God's Will for me to be crying, but that whenever I DO have trouble--which in this sin-filled world is pretty constand--that this is the direction I am to turn for help. There IS help from no other source than from God!
And then the best part of verse 4: "And He heard me from His holy hill." This speaks to me of God's character. He is not a god made of wood or stone, or money or jewels. No--He is MUCH better than that, because HE is the God who HEARS. No matter what is going on, He is not unaware of it. And when I cry out for help, He does not ignore me--no, He HEARS me, and He answers me!
Looking for just one verse to write in my Bible notebook, I choose verse 3. This Psalm was written by King David, while he was fleeing from his own son Absalom. David was betrayed by his own son whom he loved and had trusted. David--a mighty, valiant man, a man of war, a king whose word was the law of the land--running for his life. No where to turn--but up! David cries out to the One who will always hear, his Creator and Redeemer.
Did you read Psalm 3 today? What verse spoke the most to you? Feel free to share your thoughts on it in the comments!
Have a Blessed day!
~Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!
1 comment:
I really liked verse 4, that God answers us from his holy mountain! :)
Post a Comment