Friday, August 5, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 5

Good Morning Everyone!

How is everyone doing with the Bible reading this week?  I am still trying to get myself into the good habit of getting up early!  Normally I do this pretty well--but summer time has allowed me to stay up later than my normal bedtime, and I am NOT one of those people who can burn the candle at both ends!  So I am still working on getting myself to bed earlier, so I can wake up earlier.  So I am still a bit more rushed in the mornings currently than I want to be, but today's chapter was great incentive for me to continue in trying to improve this!

The verse that spoke the most to me today was verse 3:

My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD; In the morning I will direct it to You, And I will look up.

Umm, yes.  I caught that.  In the morning, BEFORE I begin rushing through my day.  BEFORE the new problems of that day show themselves.  BEFORE I start rushing--and forget HIM.  You know--the One who made me.  The one who sustains me.  The one who saved me.  And perhaps--the One who waits all night long just because He can't wait for me to wake up again so we can be together.  Yes--THAT One.

My study Bible had this note included with Psalms 5:

"In arousing and strengthening a love for Bible study, much depends on the use of the hour of worship.  The hours of morning and evening worship should be the sweetest and most helpful of the day.  Let it be understood that into these hours no troubled, unkind thoughts are to intrude; that parents and children assemble to meet with Jesus, and to invite into the home the presence of holy angels."
Education, E.G. White, p. 186

THAT'S what I want.  God's holy angels always in our home.  And they will come--if invited.
So it's time for me to put the brakes on--and lift my voice to Him in the morning.

What verse impressed YOU from Psalms 5?

~Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors