Wednesday, August 31, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 31

Good Morning!

We are reading Psalm 31 today--can't believe it has been a month already since we started reading through the Psalms!  I am really enjoying the slow pace.  I like having time to think about each chapter, and look to see what lesson God wants to teach me.

There were several verses today that caught my eye--I always love verses that speak of God's strength and how He will protect us!  But in the end, I choose something completely different.  Because sometimes life does not turn out the way we want it to, and we don't FEEL very "protected" after all!

"Into Your hand I commit my spirit; You have redeemed me, O LORD God of truth." Psalm 31:5

First I decided to look up the word "redeem" in the dictionary:

Redeem:  wider in its application than ransom, and means to buy back, regain possession of, or exchange for money, goods, etc.; to redeem one's property.  To ransom is to redeem a person from captivity by paying a stipulated price, or to redeem from sin by sacrifice.

Lots of precious promises of safety in the Bible--yet we all know of those who for some reason have not been kept safe in this world of sin.  Ones who have died in car accidents, for instance, or whose body gave in to the cancer.  Why were they not kept safe?

"For now we see through a glass darkly; but then face to face:  now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."  1 Corinthians 13:12

I do not know.  But I DO know I can safely commit my spirit to Him.  He created me--and He has redeemed me.  I can trust Him.  He isn't going to pay the price of my sin and then leave me here in a sin filled earth.  Some day He WILL return for His treasure people!

"Behold, He is coming with clouds, and eve eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. . . " Revelation 1:7

No matter what--we can safely commit ourselves to Him.  There is no other safe place!

Have YOU committed yourself to Him?  Have you given Him your most treasured possessions?

~Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors