Good Morning!
This morning I read Psalm 24. It has many beautiful things in it, yet we often don't read this Psalm because we always head to the more popular Psalm 23!
As I read through, searching for what God wanted to teach me through this Psalm, I was struck by the question/answer format that appeared in verses 3-5. I guess it's the teacher in me coming out, but I like when there is a question posed--and then the answer to that question follows right away.
"Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart. . . He shall receive blessing from the LORD and righteousness from the God of his salvation."
Psalm 24:3-5
I long to ascend into the hiss of the Lord--to be with Him in His holy place. Psalm 24 gives the answer of WHO may do this--but it is only those who are clean and I am dirty.
"Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:7
He is willing to clean me up--He does not abandon me!
"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right Spirit within me." Psalm 51:10
It is my God who recreates me, and makes me clean and pure so that I may dwell with Him. "Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, He is the King of glory." Psalm 24:10
Go to Him. Ask Him to clean you. And then you may be with Him!
~Susan
No comments:
Post a Comment