Today brings us to the end of the first week spent in the Psalms! Have you been blessed by reading each Psalm slowly and really thinking about it each day? I know I have been!
And do you remember how yesterday I didn't limit myself to just one verse--but instead choose a verse and a half? Well, in our house we would use the expression that "that was the camel's nose under the tent," because today I just couldn't narrow down between two verses--so I choose both! I am going to have to keep myself under control, or before I know it I will be copying the entire chapter into my Bible notebook instead of simply choosing one verse from each chapter! A good problem to have--perhaps--but I know myself and I DO have a tendency to make things overly complicated! So I really need to watch myself and keep this simple! ;)
So--I just LOVED the first verse that chapter 7 opens with:
O LORD my God, in You I put my trust; Save me from all those who persecute me; And deliver me.
Psalm 7:1
This verse is so very very clear in where our trust is to be put--in God!
Then I also choose this verse:
My defense is of God, Who saves the upright in heart.
Psalm 7:10
God is the only true and safe place to place my trust. Not locks or guns. Not money in the bank. Not a degree. Not even my family. Only Him. He is my defense that will not fail. He saves the upright in heart.
But I know I fail him--my heart is like filthy rags. But my hope is STILL in Him, because if I ask Him to, He will even clean up my heart.
Which reminded me of something. A cry for help. A plea. A prayer.
Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
Psalm 51:10-12
Yes--I know. This makes two more verses, and these aren't even from today's reading! But I couldn't help it. Even our ragged filthy heart--He will receive and clean it up if we will but give it to Him.
And THEN we will be upright in heart. What we cannot do for ourselves, He does for us.
What a kind and loving Creator and Savior we have!
So how is the Psalms study going for you? Are you finding it difficult to choose just one verse out of each chapter to record in a Bible notebook? There really is no right or wrong way to spend time in the TRUTH. It is just important to SPEND time in God's Word.
Have a Blessed day!
~Susan
No comments:
Post a Comment