Friday, August 19, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 19

Good Morning!

Did you read Psalm 19 today?  It was really hard for me to choose just one verse!  But I finally settled on the first verse in the chapter--but don't miss all the other great promises and instruction!  Make sure you read the whole thing!

Verse 1 reads as follows:

"The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork."

Everywhere we look--even if we are not reading in our Bibles--nature is telling us about Him.  Our Creator.  The One who created everything good, good, and very good.

I had another study note today.  This one is from the book "Steps to Christ" by E. G. White on page 86.

"From the stars that in their trackless courses through space follow from age to age their appointed path, down to the minutest atom, the things of nature obey the Creator's will.  And God cares for everything and sustains everything that He has created.  He who upholds the unnumbered worlds throughout immensity, at the same time cares for the wants of the little brown sparrow that sings its humble song without fear. . . No tears are shed that God does not notice.  There is no smile that He does not mark."

Even the brown sparrow.  Around a year ago I was walking in our woods--actually, I was planting daffodil bulbs so that we would have them come up and bloom in the Spring.  So I was walking around with my spade, looking at the forest floor as I scouted out likely spots to tuck in some bulbs here and there.  Places where there wouldn't be TOO many tree roots to dig through, and also not be in the paths where our family walks and therefore get trampled.  And I saw it.  Right there at the base of a tree, laying on a mossy patch.  A little bird--lying still in Death's grip.  My heart sunk as I gazed at it.  I had no idea what had done it in, as I didn't see any visible damage.  But it was there nonetheless.  I paused, as I realized that God already knew His bird had died.  Until I found it, no one but God knew--but He had seen it, and had mourned it's death.  When you think about it, it is quite an honor if the God of the whole Universe is sad about a death.  Cries over the sin that caused it.

There was nothing that I could do, but bow my head and thank God for creating such beautiful creatures for us to enjoy.  Thank Him for His plan to make the world over new, where the little animals will not suffer the effects of sin any longer.  And I picked up my spade and buried it.

Gone.  But it is not forgotten.

God knows exactly where His little bird is.

And He knows exactly where you and I are.

Have a beautiful day with your loving Savior.  He watches over you constantly.

~Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors