Good Afternoon Everyone!
I am VERY happy that so far today, my computer seems to be cooperating very nicely! So it does indeed seem that the entire reason for it acting up on me yesterday was my daughter running it's battery completely down. It's nice when it is as easy to fix as leaving it plugged in for several hours! What seemed strange to me was when it was turning on and going to pages, but not working properly on any of those pages. Guess computers are not something I really understand! But at least it is back up and functioning normally today! :)
So--I was able to read Psalm 26 yesterday, but just not post. For this reason, I will just combine Psalm 26 from yesterday and Psalm 27 from today.
In Psalm 26, I really liked verse 7:
"That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wonderous works." Psalm 26:7
My heart's desire--to tell of all He has done for me. Not as a preacher in a pulpit, but just as me--wife, mother, home schooling parent, friend. To walk beside others through life, and when the rocky places come to lend a hand and help them through--and share about Him. If I don't tell about His goodness, who will?
"I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." Luke 19:40
If I don't tell about my God, He is powerful enough to have rocks do what I am not doing I don't know about you, but I don't want to be replaced by a rock!
In today's reading we had Psalm 27. I wrote down verse one in my Bible notebook:
"The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1
"The LORD is my light and my salvation. . . " this is everything--all that I need. If I have Him, I lack nothing. NO matter what happens to me, I will not be alone, and I will have no lack because He is my Shepherd.
The entire chapter of Psalm 27 is just gold. Several months ago this was a chapter that I memorized in it's entirety. I highly recommend this as a memory project for everyone! It is just filled with precious promises! Memorization is not easy for my old brain--but this chapter is one that is definitely worth putting the effort into--no matter how slow you may have to go.
So if you haven't read Psalm 27 today, go do so! You will be blessed abundantly!
Have a beautiful rest of your day with your Light and your Salvation!
~Susan
Saturday, August 27, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment