Good Morning Everyone!
I am actually pausing long enough to get a blog post up this morning--aren't you proud of me? As I mentioned yesterday, there is no way I can commit to posting every single day for the next 150 days--but since several of you have decided to read the Psalms along with me (THANK YOU! I do better with incentive!) I am going to try and post about my readings as much as I can. :)
So this morning I sat down to read Psalm 2. In my version, which happens to be NKJV, it starts out "Why do the nations rage. . . " Hummm--I couldn't help but think that I felt like I was reading a newspaper for a moment, instead of reading my Bible. Kinda sounds like current events, doesn't it?
When I got to verse 8, I saw what to me looks like instruction that is God's Will for me--when it says "Ask of Me," so I colored that part blue, and then the rest of the verse goes on to say "and I will give You the nations for Your inheritance, and the ends of the earth for Your possession." This second part sounded like a promise from God, so I colored it green. You do not HAVE to color any part in your Bible to be reading along in the Psalms--this is just what I am doing. My coloring system I explained in yesterday's post on Psalm 1. When I have time, I will try to come back and insert a link to that post directly, but right now I cannot remember how to do that! So if you are curious about the colors I use in my Bible for marking, look up the blog post 150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 1.
As I finished reading the chapter, I was looking for one verse that I wanted to write down for my Bible notebook. There were several that stood out to me, but I finally settled on specifically the last part of verse 12 so I wrote that down:
"Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him."
This first part--"Blessed are all those who" seemed like a promise from God to me, so I colored that green, but the second part "put their trust in Him" looked like God's Will for me--He wants me to put my trust in Him, so I colored that second part blue. Sometimes I color an entire verse one color, and other times I end up dissecting the verse into different parts like I did here.
The Bible I am using for my study is the Remnant Study Bible, which I really like. It will have different comments scattered throughout, and the comments are always highlighted in a blue box so you can easily tell what is a study comment and what is the actual Bible passage. Well, I saw that there was a study comment box that talked about verse 12, and I liked what it said so I simply wrote this down on my note page. I will probably go back later and write down some of my own thoughts as well, but for today I decided I wanted to record these study notes along with the verse I choose.
The study notes I wrote were taken from a book called "The Desire of Ages," written by E.G. White and were from p. 414. This is what it said, and what I wrote:
"All are exposed to temptation, and are liable to error. Upon no finite being can we depend for guidance. The Rock of faith is the living presence of Christ in the church. Upon this the weakest may depend, and those who think themselves the strongest will prove to be the weakest, unless they make Christ their efficiency. 'Cursed be the man that ttrusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm.' (Jeremiah 17:5)"
Reading these study notes reminded me of another verse that I love--"Stop trusting in man, who has but a breathe in his nostrils. Of what account is he?" Isaiah 2:22
Which brings me back to Psalm 2:12, the verse I chose to think about today. "Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him."
That's where I want my trust to be. In Him!
Did you read Psalm 2 (or another Psalm) this morning? What verse did you choose to write in your notebook? Please do share! And even if you chose the same verse that I did, what thoughts about it did you have? I would love to hear from you!
~Susan
No comments:
Post a Comment