Thursday, August 18, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 18

Good Morning!

Today we are reading Psalm 18--and it is FILLED with things that reveal what our God is like.

For my Bible notebook, I chose to write down verse 6:

"In my distress I called upon the LORD, And cried out to my God;  He heard my voice from His temple, And my cry me before Him, even to His ears."

I think the reason I loved this verse is because we DO have distress in this world!  But this verse tells us what to do--cry out to MY God.  Did you catch that "my" there?  It kinda indicates possession, doesn't it?  And I think God is HAPPY to be claimed as MY God!  And He--in return--claims US as HIS.  And when we cry out to Him, He hears our voices--just as if we were talking right into His ear!

There are SO many beautiful promises in this chapter!  Look at verse 16:  "He sent from above, He took me; He drew me out of many waters."

And what about verse 18?  ". . . But the LORD was my support."  I want God to be MY support, don't you???

And I can't ignore verse 19 because it is mind boggling:  ". . . He delivered me because He delighted in me."  Have you ever realized that God delights in you?  Yes, you!  No matter how messy and mixed up your life may be right now, no matter if you are going through a divorce or just yelled (again!) at your kids--God delights in you!

So as you go throughout today, remember that in your distress you can call out to Him.  And He WILL answer, because he delights in you.

~Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors